Friday 27 November 2015

Movie Review: A Second Chance

A couple with a tumultuous romantic past finds married life to just as difficult. In the continuation of Popoy and Basha’s love story from “One More Chance,” we find the couple walking down the aisle and vowing to love each other “forever and ever.”  A Second Chance explores realities and intricacies and Popoy and Basha’s married life. We find Popoy as a failed achiever, struggling to keep his business and self-esteem intact, while Basha has given up so much in her life to keep their marriage together.
Popoy and Basha fight, hope, and live for A Second Chance.

This kind of mainstream love story formula movie still works for me that's why I am giving it a perfect rating. The way the director Cathy Garcia - Molina put this film together is brilliant.  The chemistry between Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz is still undeniable. The treatment that they did in the film is still effective for me
on how I got affected on the lives that they take in their marriage especially their struggle in their career. One character that stand out for me in the film is with Khalil Ramos who becuase it represents Popoy's hope and anchor in rebuilding himself. Ofcourse the ever supportive Thursday barkada composed of Dimples, James, Janus, Bea Saw and Aaron are so adorable. With excellent performance by John Loyd and Bea along with the awesome love story of Popoy and Basha,
I was pleased enough with its ambition and its execution. I think the film achieves what it sets out to do and does so admirably. I still quoting many of the best lines, find myself crying in most of the heart melting scenes and was even touched by the ending which is done in a most simple and natural for me. So if you fall in love with One More Chance you will definitely love this film. A Second Chance will be an another classic film with timeless love story that worth watching.




My Verdict: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment